Norwood Elementary School is a mandatory uniform school. Each student is expected to be in uniform every school day. The Norwood Elementary student uniform consists of the following clothing:
All solid colored shirts must be light blue, white or yellow polo shirts or oxfords. Horizontally striped shirts may be worn. Dickie uniform shirts may not be worn. T-shirts and other undergarments must not be seen under the bottom of the uniform shirt. School emblems on shirts are optional.
Pants, shorts, and corduroys
Pants, shorts, and corduroy pants must be worn in solid color navy blue. Belts must be worn at all times. Pants, shorts, or corduroys may not be altered in any way, i.e. holes, cuts, etc.
Shoes must be worn at all times in school. Shoes without back-straps, strapless sandals, strapless high heels, flip-flops, water shoes, and house slippers may not be worn in school. All shoes must have a manufactured back strap.
The following items may NOT be worn at Norwood Elementary School and are NOT a part of the school's uniform:
- Dickie uniform shirts may not be worn.-Black t-shirts or t-shirts of any other color than those mentioned above may not be worn as a uniform shirt.
- Caps, hats, bandanas, and other headgear may not be worn in school unless they are required for safety reasons, in school programs, or worn for religious or medical reasons. An administrator must approve headgear worn for religious or medical purposes and official documentation must be on file in the main office.
- Clothing, jewelry, buttons, and any other item with provocative words or phrases, symbols, pictures, patches, or signs that are indecent, offensive, profane, or suggestive may not be worn to school.
- Ripped or torn clothing that exposes the skin may not be worn.
- Sunglasses may not be worn in the classrooms, hallways, or offices for any reason, unless prescribed. Official documentation must be on file in the main office.
- Walkmans, cassettes, radios, beepers, cellular phones, video games, laser pens, CD players, and other similar electronic gear or devices are not allowed on campus.
*For safety concerns, students are not allowed to wear paraphernalia that represents other schools.